A message from your NACE Alamo Board:
To say the first 6 months of 2020 have been a roller coaster would be an understatement! During these uncertain times, NACE Alamo is here to our serve our members and future members as an inclusive community outlet and wealth of resources.
You can take advantage of the library of webinars offered on https://www.nace.net/connect/resource-library/ , work on earning your CPCE designation, or turn to any of our board members for help navigating the changes in our industry. We are excited to share that NACE National is offering a membership support program to help those who are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19.
Please stay tuned as we roll out future NACE Alamo Chapter webinars and hopefully soon in person events. We cannot wait to engage with our membership whether virtually or in person.
Here are helpful resources for navigating the ever changing COVID-19 landscape.
- Stay up to date with Texas' reopening and operating guidelines. The Texas Department of State and Health Resources lists the minimum reccommended health protocols for everything from wedding receptions to restaurants to theme parks. Texas Department of State & Health Resources
- Best Practices for Safe Meetings from the Events Industry Council (EIC)’s Accepted Practices Exchange (APEX) COVID-19 Business Recovery Taskforce: https://bit.ly/2ZpaEF6 via Smart Meetings
- If you're wondering what the future of #events will look like, watch this webinar featuring CORT Events Kevin Dana. He breaks down how you'll need to broadcast, what the bar situation will look like, and so much more. https://bit.ly/2YS9a7h #nacepartner
Still procrastinating on earning your CPCE? Jump into learning and knock out the 30 educational contact hours required to apply for the CPCE exam. Check out NACE National's website for more details:
Nervous about applying for your CPCE? Summer scholarships are available to cover your application fees! The due date to apply is August 15th. For more information on how to apply - Click here!
The first step towards earning the scholarship is applying for the CPCE exam. Need help? Contact Crystal Irwin (NACE National's Programs Coordinator) at [email protected] with questions or to schedule an application consultation.
Test your catering & event planning skills with a CPCE question!
Which of the following is required according to the Truth in Menu laws?
A. The menu must be written by the chef.
B. The menu must be true to its description.
C. The server must be able to memorize the menu.
D. The menu items must accurately reflect the price that is charged and the food that is served.
(Correct answer is B.)
NACE Experience is widely known as one of the best, most exciting and inspiring conferences for catering and events professionals. The NACE National Board has decided that the time is not right as originally scheduled. NACE Experience will be held August 1-4, 2021 at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. We look forward to seeing you there, when we are well on the road to recovery, for real friends, real ideas, real solutions, real collaboration, and real dreams.
If you need additional information, please contact the National Staff at [email protected] or use the live chat feature at www.nace.net.
Help Make #NACEEXP21 A Memorable Experience
Have you attended a NACE Experience conference and wondered how you could provide input to continue to grow the attendance and relevance of this industry-leading event? The NACE Conference Advisory Committee is looking for event pros like you! This unique national committee term runs July-July and is seeking two new members for the coming year.
The NACE Conference Advisory Committee consults and provides feedback for the future planning, themes, trends, and goals for the Experience Conference and makes recommendations to the Board, staff, and other committees regarding the overall development and advancement of the Experience Conference.
To qualify to be a member of this national committee, you must be a current NACE member and meet ONE of the following qualifications:
- Local representatives from past and current locations of the conference – who have served as a conference ambassador or creative consultant role or participated as a chapter leader from a host city
- Professional or business partner members who have attended four or more Experience conferences
- Members who have spoken at three or more Experience conferences
- Young professional or student member who has attended two or more Experience conferences
If you are interested, please complete this form by July 31, 2020.
Selected individuals will be notified in August to begin the planning of Experience 2021 in Las Vegas, NV.