Employment decisions are made solely on the basis of qualifications to perform the work for which you are applying. Qualifications include
education, training, work experience and other factors, which are relevant in determining job performance. As an Equal Opportunity Employer,
decisions to hire and promote are made without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or age
(as defined by law).
EOE – AA – DV 9/6/19
We are currently accepting applications for:
Valet Attendant (Full time and Part Time)
Overnight Bell/Valet Attendant
Food and Beverage:
AM Server (Full time and Part Time)
PM Server (Part Time)
Room Service Server
PM Line Cook
Front Desk Supervisor
Front Desk Agent
Please apply by going to our website: www.hotelvalencia-riverwalk.com Once on the website, click on “careers” to view and apply for positions online.
About The DoSeum (www.TheDoSeum.org)
The DoSeum is San Antonio’s only museum exclusively devoted to children under 10. With two floors of interactive exhibits and a variety of early literacy, science, health and art activities, The DoSeum’s aspires to cultivate curious learners, stimulate active doers, and inspire an inclusive community. The museum’s mission is to enrich minds through joyful learning and active discovery.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Event Manager sells, books, and services DoSeum facility rentals; manages The DoSeum’s birthday party program, coordinates execution of The Doseum’s Kids’ Countdown and Re-Do 21+ events; and manages the third-party contract with Bakery Lorraine to operate a café at The DoSeum. The Event Manager supervises the Event Supervisor. Together, they develop and promote turn-key rental models and custom events for clients; manage all facility rental related services and details; manage an annual portfolio of discounted rentals intended to generate goodwill in the community; and execute assigned special events, including The DoSeum’s annual Kids’ Countdown event and Re-Do 21+ events.
The DoSeum’s primary function is as a museum—producing exhibits, programs, and special events for children and families. The role of the Facility Rental team is to maximize the use of museum space when it is not functioning as a museum. This generates revenue in support of DoSeum initiatives and goodwill with community partners. The Event Manager protects the assets of The DoSeum, including its brand, by ensuring clients and third-party collaborators treat the facility with respect and content is consistent with The DoSeum’s family-friendly reputation. The Event Manager is also, by virtue of skill set and experience, positioned to contribute logistical guidance to colleagues who also plan DoSeum events.
The Event Manager works closely with DoSeum Facilities, Security, Custodial, and Operations colleagues to coordinate logistics and ensure outstanding service delivery.
• Meets or exceeds net revenue targets for facility rentals, special events, and birthday parties.
• Creates and implements a sales plan that analyzes capacity, revenue potential, client cultivation, target markets, marketing, and sales strategies.
• Works with DoSeum leadership to identify community partners who would benefit from discounted rentals intended to generate goodwill in the community. Manages all aspects of these goodwill rentals.
• Produces and executes all aspects of assigned special events, including The DoSeum’s annual Kids’ Countdown event and Re-Do 21+ events.
• Works with Bakery Lorraine to maximize transactions and sales. Meets regularly with the Bakery Lorraine leadership team and influences positive change. Liaisons between Bakery Lorraine and DoSeum Facilities to ensure kitchen space and equipment is well-maintained. Oversees vendor contract and ensures compliance.
• Manages The DoSeum’s relationships with preferred caterers.
• Acts as the primary point-of-contact for event clients and associated vendors. Delivers outstanding Guest service and professional sales and service support.
• Hires, trains, coaches, and evaluates the Event Supervisor. Offers clear expectations for performance and holds the Event Supervisor and other members of the Events team accountable. Celebrates achievement.
• Holds self and staff accountable for modeling DoSeum Guidelines for Interactions with Guests.
• Prioritizes work decisions in order of safety, courtesy, show quality, and efficiency.
• Ensures rental inquiries are responded to promptly.
• Develops and delivers engaging birthday party experiences. Works with Education partners to ensure activities are STEM-focused, age-appropriate, and fun.
• Works with DoSeum Marketing to organize information on the Web and in appropriate marketing mediums to maximize interest and sales.
• Develops turn-key and custom events that drive revenue and maximize use of DoSeum space.
• Establishes and cultivates relationships with event service providers. Participates in local associations and events that serve to drive referrals and generate sales for The DoSeum.
• Protects the Guest experience by ensuring event rentals do not negatively impact the quality of the experience for DoSeum Guests.
• Protects DoSeum assets by closely supervising events from load-in to load-out and holding third-parties accountable for damage to the facility.
• Protects The DoSeum brand by ensuring facility rental events have no adverse impact on The DoSeum’s family-friendly reputation.
• Maintains contract files for each event, including signed rental agreements, Certificates of Insurance, Banquet Event Order forms, floor plans, vendor contracts, invoices, security plans, event reflection reports, etc., as appropriate.
• Guides DoSeum colleagues who have been charged with planning and executing events through the event management process.
• Collaborates closely with DoSeum colleagues to ensure information is shared and client expectations are exceeded.
• Uses analytics to track success, encourage data-driven decisions, and report outcomes.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-4 years of event sales and service experience.
• 2+ years’ experience organizing and planning events.
• Demonstrated networking ability.
• Demonstrated knowledge of food and beverage business operations.
• Ability to learn point-of-sales and reservations systems.
• Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
• Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to prepare, maintain, and compile reports.
• Demonstrated time-management skills.
• Experience working in a multi-purpose facility, preferably a museum environment.
• Demonstrated client and vendor relationships in San Antonio market.
• Knowledge of current catering trends.
• User-level experience with Altru cultural management software.
• Ability to read and write English and Spanish.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
• Leadership – Coordinates the effort of DoSeum departments in the delivery of outstanding event sales and service. Represents The DoSeum with a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
• Guest Service - Responds promptly to Guest and client needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments. Demonstrated experience in Guest service and use of best practices to deliver top-tier experiences.
• Analytical, Problem Solving, & Organizational Skills - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and can efficiently execute multiple priorities, plans, and ideas. Ability to work in a complex organization, collaborate with DoSeum colleagues, demonstrate flexibility, and
compromise. Ability to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the ability to achieve long‐term goals.
• Communication & Interpersonal Skills - Clarity of speech, remains calm and focused, makes effective presentations to diverse groups. Edits work for correct data, spelling, and grammar. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ethics & Judgment – Treats all people with respect; works with integrity and exhibits sound judgment; upholds and demonstrates DoSeum values. Willingness and ability to seek-out, share, and adopt ideas and best practices in and outside the institution and embrace change introduced by others.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Flexible working hours; requires working weekends, evenings, and holidays.
• Variable exposure to noise, weather and elements.
• Frequently working in high-stress environments with tight deadlines.
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Submit resume, the names of three references and cover letter indicating interest and qualifications to [email protected] Please reference “Event Manager” in the subject line.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the Event Manager. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position, which can be revised real-time at the discretion of the Vice President of Operations and Guest Experience. The DoSeum is an equal opportunity employer.